Brandon teaches philosophy, biochemistry, ancient history, and cooking… to little kids. He’s also the SAT- and ACT-prep guru at The Learning Professionals. This fall, he’s opening up a new kind of school for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders — one that helps people fall in love with the world, master hard things, and build lives of purpose.
Education and Experience include:
- Master’s Degree in Social and Cultural Foundations of Education, University of Washington
- Bachelor’s Degrees in History and Religious Studies, summa cum laude, from Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University
- National Merit Scholar
- Member of the Advisory Board at foundry10, an educational not-for-profit
- 10 years coaching the SAT and ACT, as well as assorted other tests
- Taught an advanced reading class in the Comparative History of Ideas Department at the University of Washington
- Led seminars in philosophy, world religions, evolutionary biology, and history with students in college, high school, middle school, and grade school.
- Gave a talk at TEDxYouth@Issaquah: “Why Doesn’t SAT Prep Work?”