Guest Interview Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in being a guest on the Wisdom of Friends Podcast!
We can’t wait to hear your story about your journey in doing what you do best – including how you found your passion, your influences, your hardships, your breakthrough moments and successes, your favorite failures and future plans. If you are able to articulate your journey with signature stories and share your blueprint for life and success - that would benefit our audience and listeners they will love you for it.
Please review the guidelines below so we can have a great interview. And if you have any questions, comments, or recommendations for guests please email me, Kal Aras
Technical and other requirements
1. We will use Skype to hold the interview. If you don’t have a Skype account – please create one here or email me to discuss other ways we can hold the interview. But using Skype is very much preferred.
2. If you have a proper mic, or earphones with a mic, please use it during our interview. If you have neither, your computer’s mic should be fine.
3. Please find a quiet room to use while we interview as it leads to minimal editing on each episode (I like the authenticity of raw footage), so please find a quiet space to chat so the episode sounds great.
4. If we haven’t already, we’ll send you a link to a pre-interview questionnaire so we can get to know you better before we chat.
Below is the rough template of how the interview will go down. I’d like the interview to be casual and conversational, so our interview may not stick perfectly to this format, but it’s a good guideline of how the interview will flow.
1. Intro – I’ll introduce you as our guest.
2. Background – You’ll briefly tell our audience about your personal and professional background; your story, how you discovered your passion and purpose in life.
3. Focus Group Questions – I’ll ask the most popular questions we have received from our audience
4. Rapid Fire Q&A – I’ll ask you five (5) to 7 questions in succession to get to know you better.
5. Closing remarks – You can drop some parting words of wisdom and let the audience know how to get in touch with you.
Feel free to ask me questions during the interview, and let’s have a great conversation!
I’ll let you know when your interview is launched. It would be awesome if you could promote it to your audience!
Again, if you have any questions, please email me to let me know.
Your host and friend